All members and those who are not yet members are urged to support the Chamber initiatives and
events. Help us to ensure growth and sustainability in our region. Together we can make it happen!
The Oudtshoorn Business Chamber is relentlessly promoting and protecting the interests of the
local business sector. The Chamber networks and negotiates on behalf of its members.
The Chamber is there to maintain and promote the free and private system on a non-party political
basis in the activities of the Oudtshoorn Chamber of Business and Associations created for similar
purposes and to undertake projects desired to further these interests in the local community.
The Oudtshoorn Business Chamber functions as an Association not for gain.
Membership to the Oudtshoorn Business Chamber is open to all businesses that are compliant with
laws that govern business conduct in South Africa. We would love to welcome you as members.
Download our Membership Application Form
or contact our Office Administrator, Helen Butler, today on
044 272 6637 or
THE VOICE OF THE BUSINESS CHAMBER
- The Chamber represents the business community of Oudtshoorn.
- It speaks to local, provincial and national government.
- It contributes to the policy positions of both the South African Chamber of Business (SACOB) and the Afrikaanse
- Handelsinstituut (AHI) Forum meetings, at which business issues of the day are discussed, provide members with
the opportunity of participating in this advocacy process by expressing their views and thereby having input
into the formulation of the OBC (Oudtshoorn Business Chamber) policy.
- The Chamber offers business credibility and strengthens image
- It speaks on behalf of business
- It is a helping hand when things go wrong
- It offers opportunities to promote one's own business
- It provides a valuable networking channel to create new business contacts
- It offers access to the business networks of Oudtshoorn and gives recognition to your business practice.
- ODN members receive a certificate, which signifies membership. There is no better endorsement of a business's
standing and respectability.
- To provide members with information on a variety of business matters
- Monthly E-mail Newsletter: This is a monthly newsletter providing information on current affairs, chamber activities,
and news from our members, and giving notice of events and information of interest to members.
- Financial Indicators – Real-time financial indicators can be obtained from our offices
- International trade
- Certificates of Origin - The Chamber certifies export documents as required by foreign Customs departments.
- Magazines - The OBC regularly receives "Leadership" and "Biznews" and "Engineering News" magazines. Free copies are available
for members from the OBC office.
- There is no denying that we prefer to do business with people we know. Furthermore, person-to-person interaction is
the most effective, and least expensive, form of marketing.
- Networking functions are held quarterly with various motivational speakers and it provides an opportunity to learn
from each other, source new clients, and enjoy the company of others who are involved in a similar pursuit of
development and prosperity, while enjoying a drink and snacks.
- Relationships with municipalities are very strong and the 'business voice' is influential.
HOW YOU CAN DERIVE MAXIMUM BENEFIT FROM BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE CHAMBER?
Our members may take advantage of the chamber in the following ways:
- Contact with local businesses: members become part of a large, influential network in Southern Africa
- Privileged information: the chamber, with its broad range of contacts, regularly is privy to information on business
opportunities that is not in the public domain.
- A number of key chamber publications can be collected free of charge as indicated in the list of publications
- Invitations to our regular high-level network functions, e.g.: Network Evenings
- Valuable access to members and potential clients
- Oudtshoorn Business Chamber Membership Certificate which you will receive at a Networking Event
- Our monthly electronic newsletter gives a snapshot of activities and upcoming events.
CAN YOU AFFORD NOT TO BELONG?